As per Prelims 2018 analysis CSAT (Civil Service Aptitude Test) was of moderate difficulty. There were questions from Basic Mathematics, Analytical Reasoning, Critical Reasoning, Reading Comprehension and Logical Consistency. Analytical Reasoning, Critical Reasoning and Reading Comprehension dominated this paper. This paper was comparatively easier last year and is expected to be easier this year as well.
A closer look needs here..
Comprehend Aptitude or capability is most essential because the Comprehension dominates the entire CSAT Paper.
Bilingual comprehension has been developed according to UPSC norms by Samudra IAS Institute
· 80 MCQs x 2.5 marks = 200 Marks
· -0.83 Marks penalty for wrong answers
· Duration: 2 hours
· Marks not counted in Mains -Selection.
· Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
· Logical reasoning and analytical ability
· Decision-making and problem solving
· General mental ability
· Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level