'THE HINDU' Newspaper is people's choice Also. It gives priority to areas of national concern and usually avoids trivial issues/ masala items. But reading The Hindu completely gives you proper awareness in Daily News.
There are the following tips for effective reading. From these tips, you will see that your speed of reading much better than before
1. Page 1 you just see through News headlines don't waste time on the front page
2. Page 2-6 page no 2 to 4 only regional news about the cities and pages 4, 5 news of respective states as these are not so important from IAS exam point of view, you can skip these.
3. Page 7 page 7 is so important to point of view focus on the supreme court and High court consideration parliamentary debates, a Government order etc. Many students make a current affair by this page
4. page 8 EDITORIAL PAGE 'THE HINDU' This is the Most important page of the Newspaper from UPSC Exam perspective. Carefully read the two 'Editorials' one is given Left margin. and move the LEAD article this is Excellent Analysis of a current issue. try to finish everything within 30-40 minutes
5. Page 9 perspective page this is where you see the "opposite the editorial page" is written prose piece typically published by a Newspaper or a magazine read this to get a different perspective on current issues.
6. Page 10 11 there is no need to read deeply because of this page deals with news in general just knowledge of what happening around
7. Page 12 WORLD this page would be useful be a part of UPSC syllabus. spend some time to read this.
8. Page 13 14 BUSINESS you find socio-economic issues related to women, education or health, economics. Read in-depth.
9 Sports page and life Read important sports news like record break, world cup related to any sports and ignore life page.
1 Local News
2 Political News
3 Masala News like Filmfare awards celebrities interview etc.
4 Sports title news
1 Analise current issue Editorial page and Co-Ed page
2 High court and supreme courts
3 Bussines News
4 The issue of International and National Importance
5 Science and Technology